- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
General description on data usage
LiveTube is the easiest way to start or watch a live video broadcast. LiveTube is designed to help you broadcast video publicly all around the world. When you Go Live from the LiveTube app, your broadcast will be received in our newsroom and produced by a team of LiveTube journalists. We either decline or decide to publish your broadcast. When we chose your broadcast for publication, it is public by default. This includes the metadata provided with your broadcast, such as when and where you broadcast. Your name will be published alongside with the content, as long as you have not declined this feature prior to Go Live from the app. We take authenticity of our content very seriously. This includes the validation of the sender of the content. For this reason, we ask all LiveTube users to create an account in order to broadcast and watch videos. We verify both email and mobile number of our users prior to using our app. With this approach we can ensure, that all users can start a live broadcast instantly without any additional verification. This feature is critical when it comes to trusted live news. If you choose to create or update an account, you may provide some personal information, such as your profile information, phone number and email address. Your profile information on LiveTube is publicly available and includes your username, profile picture and information on your followers. Also, publicly available are your current and past live broadcasts and the locations where these were created. With your consent prior to each live broadcast we will also share your full name with publishers, who we offer your content through the LiveTube licensing platform. We use and store information about your location to provide features of our Services, such as broadcasting with your location, to improve and customize the Services and to contact you in case of relevant local news for broadcast in your area. We may infer your location based on information from your device. Location services need to be enabled in order to use all functions of LiveTube. We also request users to activate location access while not using the app, so that we can notify them of relevant content close to them as well as ask them to broadcast live from an event happening close to their current location.
Specific Information we collect
We collect and use your information below to provide, understand, and improve our Services. Basic Account Information: If you choose to create a LiveTube account, you must provide us with some personal information, such as your name, username, password, email address and phone number. On LiveTube, only your username is listed publicly, including on your profile page and in search results, and you can use either your real name or a pseudonym. We share your full name with broadcasters upon your prior consent via the app for each individual broadcast. LiveTube takes authenticity and truth on facts very seriously. In order to help our producers to identify reliable and trustworthy content, you can only use the LiveTube app as a registered user and after you have provided and validated your email and mobile number. You can only create one LiveTube account for each email or mobile number. Contact Information: You may use your contact information, such as your email address or phone number, to customize your account or enable certain account features, for example, for login verification. With providing us with your phone number, you agree to receive text messages to that number from us. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Services, to market to you, to help prevent spam, fraud, or abuse. You may use your settings for mobile notifications to control notifications you receive from LiveTube. You may unsubscribe from any specific or all content notifications in the LiveTube app. Other users cannot find you on LiveTube by your email address or phone number. LiveTube will not make your information searchable publicly. Your Broadcasts, Lists, Profile, and Other Public Information: LiveTube is primarily designed to help you broadcast live content to our LiveTube newsroom and from there to the world. Most of the information you provide to us through LiveTube is information you are asking us to make public. You may provide us with your location, a picture and a short description on the content of your broadcast; the metadata provided with LiveTubes, such as when you broadcasted and the client application you used to broadcast; information about your account, such as creation time, language, country, and time zone; and information on upcoming LiveTubes which you will create in the future, people you follow, broadcasts you click or otherwise engage with (such as by commenting or liking). LiveTube might decide to publish your broadcast based on journalistic criteria described in the FAQ section. In case of publication, LiveTube broadly and instantly disseminates your content to a wide range of users, customers, and services, including search engines, developers, and publishers that integrate LiveTube content into their services, and organizations such as universities, media/ marketing organizations and market research firms that analyze the information for trends and insights. Location Information: We may receive information about your location, e.g. when you send a live broadcast to us. We may also determine location by using other data from your device, such as precise location information from GPS, information about wireless networks or cell towers near your mobile device, or your IP address. We may use and store information about your location to provide features of our Services, such as allowing you to broadcast with your location, reach out to you with a notification asking you to livestream to LiveTube when a relevant news is happening around you and to improve and customize the Services, for example with more relevant content like local trends, stories, ads, and content suggestions.
How we use information we collect
Information we share
- meet any applicable law, regulation,legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of LiveTube, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We work hard to protect LiveTube and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our servicesusing SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to LiveTube employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
The Services are not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian that has become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a member is under the age of 13 and has provided us with Personal Information without verifiable parental consent, we will delete such information from our files.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
RETENTION OF DATA
TRANSFER OF DATA
DISCLOSURE FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT
Under certain circumstances, LiveTube Limited may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
LiveTube Limited may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of LiveTube Limited
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
SECURITY OF DATA
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. LiveTube Limited aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where LiveTube Limited relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
LINKS TO OTHER SITES