- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
When this policy mentions “we” or “us,” it refers to the controller of your information under this policy. Your information is controlled by LiveTube Ltd., and English company with its registered address at 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NA, United Kingdom. Despite this, you alone control and are responsible for the posting of your livestreams and other content you submit through the Services, as provided in the Terms of Service and LiveTube Rules.
Irrespective of which country you live in, you authorize us to transfer, store, and use your information in the United Kingdom, and any other country where we operate. In some of these countries, the privacy and data protection laws and rules regarding when government authorities may access data may vary from those in the country where you live. We rely on various legal bases to lawfully transfer personal data around the world, including the EU-US Privacy Shield and EU Commission approved model contractual clauses.
General description on data usage
LiveTube is the easiest way to start or watch a live video broadcast. LiveTube is designed to help you broadcast video publicly all around the world.
When you Go Live from the LiveTube app, your broadcast will be received in our newsroom and produced by a team of LiveTube journalists. We either decline or decide to publish your broadcast. When we chose your broadcast for publication, it is public by default. This includes the metadata provided with your broadcast, such as when and where you broadcast. Your name will be published alongside with the content, as long as you have not declined this feature prior to Go Live from the app.
We take authenticity of our content very seriously. This includes the validation of the sender of the content. For this reason, we ask all LiveTube users to create an account in order to broadcast and watch videos. We verify both email and mobile number of our users prior to using our app. With this approach we can ensure, that all users can start a live broadcast instantly without any additional verification. This feature is critical when it comes to trusted live news.
If you choose to create or update an account, you may provide some personal information, such as your profile information, phone number and email address. Your profile information on LiveTube is publicly available and includes your username, profile picture and information on your followers. Also, publicly available are your current and past live broadcasts and the locations where these were created. With your consent prior to each live broadcast we will also share your full name with publishers, who we offer your content through the LiveTube licensing platform.
We use and store information about your location to provide features of our Services, such as broadcasting with your location, to improve and customize the Services and to contact you in case of relevant local news for broadcast in your area. We may infer your location based on information from your device. Location services need to be enabled in order to use all functions of LiveTube. We also request users to activate location access while not using the app, so that we can notify them of relevant content close to them as well as ask them to broadcast live from an event happening close to their current location.
Specific Information we collect
We collect and use your information below to provide, understand, and improve our Services.
Basic Account Information: If you choose to create a LiveTube account, you must provide us with some personal information, such as your name, username, password, email address and phone number. On LiveTube, only your username is listed publicly, including on your profile page and in search results, and you can use either your real name or a pseudonym. We share your full name with broadcasters upon your prior consent via the app for each individual broadcast. LiveTube takes authenticity and truth on facts very seriously. In order to help our producers to identify reliable and trustworthy content, you can only use the LiveTube app as a registered user and after you have provided and validated your email and mobile number. You can only create one LiveTube account for each email or mobile number.
Contact Information: You may use your contact information, such as your email address or phone number, to customize your account or enable certain account features, for example, for login verification. With providing us with your phone number, you agree to receive text messages to that number from us. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Services, to market to you, to help prevent spam, fraud, or abuse. You may use your settings for mobile notifications to control notifications you receive from LiveTube. You may unsubscribe from any specific or all content notifications in the LiveTube app. Other users cannot find you on LiveTube by your email address or phone number. LiveTube will not make your information searchable publicly.
Your Broadcasts, Lists, Profile, and Other Public Information: LiveTube is primarily designed to help you broadcast live content to our LiveTube newsroom and from there to the world. Most of the information you provide to us through LiveTube is information you are asking us to make public. You may provide us with your location, a picture and a short description on the content of your broadcast; the metadata provided with LiveTubes, such as when you broadcasted and the client application you used to broadcast; information about your account, such as creation time, language, country, and time zone; and information on upcoming LiveTubes which you will create in the future, people you follow, broadcasts you click or otherwise engage with (such as by commenting or liking). LiveTube might decide to publish your broadcast based on journalistic criteria described in the FAQ section. In case of publication, LiveTube broadly and instantly disseminates your content to a wide range of users, customers, and services, including search engines, developers, and publishers that integrate LiveTube content into their services, and organizations such as universities, media/ marketing organizations and market research firms that analyze the information for trends and insights.
Location Information: We may receive information about your location, e.g. when you send a live broadcast to us. We may also determine location by using other data from your device, such as precise location information from GPS, information about wireless networks or cell towers near your mobile device, or your IP address. We may use and store information about your location to provide features of our Services, such as allowing you to broadcast with your location, reach out to you with a notification asking you to livestream to LiveTube when a relevant news is happening around you and to improve and customize the Services, for example with more relevant content like local trends, stories, ads, and content suggestions.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect LiveTube and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results and ads. We may use the username you provide for your LiveTube Profile across all of the services we offer that require a LiveTube Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your LiveTube Account so that you are represented consistently across all our services.
We may display your Profile name, Profile photo, and actions you take on LiveTube or on third-party applications connected to your LiveTube Account (such as likes, reviews you write and comments you post) in our services, including displaying in ads and other commercial contexts. We will respect the choices you make to limit sharing or visibility settings in your LiveTube Account.
When you contact LiveTube, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. One of the products we use to do this is Google Analytics. For example, by saving your language preferences, we’ll be able to have our services appear in the language you prefer. When showing you tailored ads, we will not associate an identifier from cookies or similar technologies with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
LiveTube processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Accessing and updating your personal information: Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Keep in mind that also search engines and other third parties may still retain copies of your public information, like your user profile information and public broadcasts, even after you have deleted the information from the LiveTube Services or deactivated your account.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of LiveTube unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent: We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of LiveTube when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
For legal reasons: We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of LiveTube if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation,legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of LiveTube, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Public Information: We may share or disclose your public information, such as your public user profile information (username and profile picture). Remember: You can decide prior to each live broadcast, if we should share your full name with others. Your username and picture are always public on LiveTube, unless you delete your account.
Non-Personal, Aggregated, or Device-Level Information: We may share or disclose non-personal, aggregated, or device-level information such as the total number of times people engaged with a video, the number of users who clicked on a particular link or subscribed to a specific LiveTube (even if only one did), the characteristics of a device or its user when it is available to receive an ad, the videos that people are sharing about in a particular location, or aggregated or device-level reports to advertisers about users who saw or clicked on their ads. This information does not include your name, email address, phone number, or LiveTube handle.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect LiveTube and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our servicesusing SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to LiveTube employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
The Services are not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian that has become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a member is under the age of 13 and has provided us with Personal Information without verifiable parental consent, we will delete such information from our files.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
LiveTube Limited may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
RETENTION OF DATA
LiveTube Limited will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
– Google Cloud Services | Hosting of all app data https://cloud.google.com/security/privacy/
– Twilio | Mobile User Authentication: https://www.twilio.com/legal/privacy/authy
– Typeform | Forms for you to fill out and reach LiveTube https://admin.typeform.com/to/dwk6gt
– Freshdesk | LiveTube Support Platform https://www.freshworks.com/privacy/data-hosting/
– Mailjet | App double verification https://www.mailjet.com/statics/privacy-policy
– Mailchimp | LiveTube Newsletter https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
– LiveChat Inc. | Live Chat Support https://www.livechatinc.com/privacy-policy/
DISCLOSURE FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT
Under certain circumstances, LiveTube Limited may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
LiveTube Limited may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of LiveTube Limited
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
SECURITY OF DATA
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. LiveTube Limited aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where LiveTube Limited relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
In order to pay you as a reporter, we only use your email address. We will not receive, process or store any other information from the payment processor.
The payment processor we work with are:
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.